Path Out - Classroom Edition
Path Out is is an autobiographical adventure game that allows the players to replay the journey of Abdullah Karam, a young Syrian artist that escaped the civil war in 2014. Camouflaged as a Japanese RPG, Path Out is a tale full of surprises, challenges and paradoxical humor, giving insight in this real-life adventure, on which Abdullah comments through youtube-style videos in the game.
- JRPG based on real events
- Relive Abdullahs escape from war-torn syria.
- Unique neo-orchestral electronica music with oriental influences by wobblersound.
- Meticulously researched pixel art style inspired by classic 16-bit games and Syrian art
- Video commentary by Abdullah Karam
- subtitles and language selection
In this adventure , Abdullah recalls life before the war, a family decision that led to his departure and the perilous journey from his hometown Hama to the Turkish border through the war-torn Aleppo province
Path Out is a collaboration between Abdullah Karam, the developers of Causa Creations and Wobblersound.
Supported by the UNHCR, Kupf Innovationtopf 2016, the Federal Chancellery of Austria and the city of Salzburg.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.