A downloadable experience
is an AR navigation experience for android.
You wake up after a blazing storm in the middle of the night. Where have you ended up? How long were you asleep?
Your head hurts... So many questions... At least the ship seems to be fully intact. You walk on deck, grab your map, sextant, compass, sea almanach and start to find out how far you are drifted off course.
Navgathi aims to teach about traditional naval navigation and its tools. Featuring original models, ancient maps and a beautiful ship to explore in AR.
How to play:
- go outside and find a free space, a field or gardenspace at best
- start the game and scan the ground until the ship spawns
- aboard your ship and get the tools ready!
- use the sextant to determine your latitude
- use the compass next to determine your longitude
- observe the sky for seagulls hinting at the direction of nearby land
- open up your map and tap at the calculated location to find out if you found your correct location!
This is a rough poc, not yet fully functional as intended, bugs and features included!
game by Causa Creations (https://causacreations.net)
This game idea was developed for the A MAZE. Museum Online Game Jam 'A World in Motion' organized by the Leibniz Research Museums and the A MAZE. / Berlin 2021 - 10th International Games and Playful Media Festival.
With wonderful support by:
German Museum - Deutsches Museum München [ Spiegelsextant Brandner Hoeschel model ]
German Maritime Museum – Leibniz Institute for Maritime History, Bremerhaven [ Der grosse Ocean, map; wonderful inspirational images and knowledge ]
Germanisches Nationalmuseum – Leibniz Research Museum of Cultural History, Nuremberg [ wonderful inspiratinal images and knowledge ]
Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum – Leibniz Research Institute for Archaeology, Mainz [ wonderful star signs map ]
Museum Koenig – Leibniz Institute for the Analysis of Biodiversity Change, Bonn [ wonderful knowledge about bird navigation ]
[Moon Texture] https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/4720
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.